2020 / 2021 Event Cancellation
Terms of entry to the Rotary Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon (theRace)
Please note that there are no ‘On the Day Entries’
In entering the Race you confirm and declare that:
A – you will observe the UK Athletic Rules (www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules – see especially rules 201 to 215) under which the Race is held (note these include that you must be aged 18 or over on the day of the Race in the case of the marathon and aged 17 or over in the case of the half marathon)
B – you will follow the instructions of marshals on the day of the Race including running within coned lanes
C – you will not take part in the Race unless you are in possession of and wear a chip which will be sent to you in advance.
D – you will not take part in the Race unless you wear the race number sent to you in advance by FR Systems
E – you enter at your own risk, are confident that you are fit to do so and if necessary have consulted your doctor before entering
F – you will write details of any medical conditions or allergies to any drugs on the reverse of your number in indelible ink and will inform the organisers by letter or e-mail before the Race of any such conditions or allergies
G – you understand that if there is any dispute about your fitness to compete or continue to compete, the decision of the Course Doctor will be final and you must leave the course if instructed to do so
H – whether you have any medical conditions or not, you will write on the reverse of your number the name and phone number of the person who should be contacted in an emergency
I – you understand that the organisers will not be held responsible for any injury or loss resulting from circumstances beyond their control
J – you will not give or sell your race number and chip to anyone else and you understand that if you do so, you will be banned from all future Shakespeare full and half marathons
K – you understand that if you lose your chip, no replacement will be provided
L – if you wish to transfer your entry to another person you will do so by use of the transfer request form to be
found on the Race website and you acknowledge that your entry cannot be transferred to another year M – you will not be accompanied during the Race by supporters on bicycles or by dogs
N – you understand that in the case of the full marathon, if you do not complete the first lap (approx
11.84 miles) in 2 hours 25 minutes you will be directed to the finish
O – you understand that there is an overall limit of 6 hours for completing the course; after that limit (i.e. after
- pm) anyone remaining on the course will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Race and the Organisers will accept no responsibility for them
P – if leading a team, you will inform the Race Director by e-mail to Contact Us before the Race of the name of the team and the full names and dates of birth of team members (minimum 4 members per team)
Q – you understand that if you cancel your entry for any reason you will not receive a refund of your entry fee or any expenses incurred
R – you have read the Essential Notes for Runners and also understand the wearing of earphones is banned and entrants not complying with this directive may be disqualified, bone conductor earphones are allowed.
S – regarding Race cancellation, you understand that:
- the Organisers reserve the right to cancel the Race or curtail it to a half marathon, due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control including, but not limited to, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, inclement weather or adverse ground conditions or if advised to do so by the Police or Health and Safety Officials or other statutory bodies or by the Race Referee or if any circumstances arise which in our reasonable opinion would cause the Race to be hazardous for participants, marshals, spectators or people helping with the Race out on the course or if 30 days before the Race there are not in our sole discretion enough confirmed participants to make the Race economically viable.
- notification of cancellation or curtailment will be given on the Race website (shakespearemarathon.org.uk) as soon as a decision is made. You are advised to check with the website at regular intervals in the lead up to race day. In the event that a late decision is made to cancel or curtail the Race it will be announced over the public address system before the start time. You are therefore advised to listen carefully to all pre-race announcements at the start line.
- if the Organisers have to cancel or curtail the Race you will not receive a refund or rebate of your entry fee as it is a charity event and all proceeds will be donated to Rotary charities after deduction of expenses incurred up to the date of cancellation. Entries may not be carried over to the following year.
- in the event of cancellation or curtailment of the Race, the Organisers will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result including travel, parking or accommodation.
DataProtection – Your entry details are stored on a computer system and your name and other information will be included in the results sections for the Race events. By entering the event you give your permission to pass your details to parties associated with this event and to use your name, quotes, video footage, and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to the full Terms and Conditions as displayed on the event website.