Rotary Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon
SUNDAY, 28th April 2019
Start time – 9.00 am
Terms of Entry
The Race is organised by the Rotary Club of Stratford upon Avon (the Organisers) on an entirely voluntary basis. Members of the Club and many others help. The Organisers reserve the right to allocate no more than 2.00% of the gross income from the events for general expenses associated with the Club’s future fund raising activities. After this deduction and payment of necessary expenses monies raised will go to charities and good causes.
Terms of entry to the Rotary Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon (the Race)
Please note that there are no ‘On the Day Entries’
In entering the Race you confirm and declare that:
A – you will observe the UK Athletic Rules (www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules – see especially rules 201 to 215) under which the Race is held (note these include that you must be aged 18 or over on the day of the Race in the case of the marathon and aged 17 or over in the case of the half marathon). These rules also ban the wearing of earphones for safety reasons and runners not complying with this ruling may be disqualified. Bone Conductor earphones may be worn.
B – you will follow the instructions of marshals on the day of the Race including running within coned lanes
C – you will not take part in the Race unless you are in possession of and wear a chip which will be sent to you in advance by FR Systems
D – you will not take part in the Race unless you wear the race number sent to you in advance by FR Systems
E – you enter at your own risk, are confident that you are fit to do so and if necessary have consulted your doctor before entering
F – you will write details of any medical conditions or allergies to any drugs on the reverse of your number in indelible ink and will inform the organisers by letter or e-mail before the Race of any such conditions or allergies
G – you understand that if there is any dispute about your fitness to compete or continue to compete, the decision of the Course Doctor will be final and you must leave the course if instructed to do so
H – whether you have any medical conditions or not, you will write on the reverse of your number the name and phone number of the person who should be contacted in an emergency
I – you understand that the organisers will not be held responsible for any injury or loss resulting from circumstances beyond their control
J – you will not give or sell your race number and chip to anyone else and you understand that if you do so, you will be banned from all future Shakespeare full and half marathons
K – you understand that if you lose your chip, no replacement will be provided
L – if you wish to transfer your entry to another person you will do so by use of the transfer request form to be found on the Race website and you acknowledge that your entry cannot be transferred to another year
M – you will not be accompanied during the Race by children, supporters on bicycles or by dogs. Prams and children’s buggies are not permitted.
N – you understand that in the case of the full marathon, if you do not complete the first lap (approx 11.84 miles) in 2 hours 25 minutes you will be directed to the finish
O – you understand that there is an overall limit of 6 hours for completing the course; after that limit (i.e. after 3.00 pm) anyone remaining on the course will be deemed to have withdrawn from the Race and the Organisers will accept no responsibility for them
P – if leading a team, you will inform the Race Director by e-mail to Contact Us before the Race of the name of the team and the full names and dates of birth of team members (minimum 4 members per team)
Q – you understand that if you cancel your entry for any reason you will not receive a refund of your entry fee or any expenses incurred. You cannot transfer your entry to the following year.
R – you have read the Essential Notes for Runners
S – you have read the awarding of prizes
T – you understand that:
- All results will be based on Gun Times for prizes.
- In the event of a Team tie UK:A rules state that it goes on the last person’s finishing position within the team. E.g. If there’s a tie and Team A’s last runner finished 90th and Team B’s last runner finished 91st then Team A take the prize.
V – regarding Race cancellation, you understand that:
- notification of cancellation or curtailment will be given on the Race website (www.shakespearemarathon.org.uk) and on social media as soon as a decision is made. You are advised to check with the website at regular intervals in the lead up to race day. In the event that a late decision is made to cancel or curtail the Race it will be announced over the public address system and on social media before the start time. You are therefore advised to listen carefully to all pre-race announcements at the start line.
- if the Organisers have to cancel or curtail the Race you will not receive a refund or rebate of your entry fee as it is a charity event and all proceeds will be donated to Rotary charities after deduction of expenses incurred up to the date of cancellation. Entries may not be carried over to the following year.
- in the event of cancellation or curtailment of the Race, the Organisers will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result including travel, parking or accommodation costs.
Data Protection – Your entry details are stored on a computer system and your name and other information will be included in the results sections for the Race events. By entering the event you give your permission to pass your details to parties associated with this event and to use your name, quotes, video footage, photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to the full Terms and Conditions as displayed on the event website.