Poppy Pragnall, age 12, of Kitebrook Preparatory School has won the medal design competition for the Shakespeare Marathon & Half Marathon 2022!
Poppy’s design wowed the judging panel with its wonderful image of the Bard himself crossing the finish line and reflected the overall feeling of joy from the judges and event organisers at being able to hold the event again in 2022.
A huge thanks to Stratford Herald for running the competition and Andrew Smith from Shakespeare Martineau www.shma.co.uk – Shakespeare Marathon’s medal sponsor for 2022 and panel judge. Thank you also to Sporting Print for providing Poppy with a bespoke t-shirt featuring her medal design.
A reminder of the competition rules
- Competition deadline was 22nd October 2021.
- Medal must represent the marathon, Shakespeare, or the town of Stratford-upon-Avon.
- The design can be round or square but the content must be visible within a 50mm by 50mm design.
- Only five colours can be used.
- Medal must include the Rotary logo and the words “Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon 2022”.
- Entries can be computer generated or hand drawn.
- Winning design/colours may be altered to ensure visibility of detail.
- All entries to be sent to the Herald. Email Andy Veale or post to Guild House, Guild Street, Stratford, CV37 6RP.
- Winner will receive a £50 Amazon voucher, certificate and a T-shirt with medal design. Runners-up will receive a certificate.