All creative individuals under the age of 18 living in the Warwickshire area are being asked to submit a design with a chance to have it made into the medals which will be handed out to 3,500 runners at the Shakespeare Marathon on 24th April 2022.
The competition also offers the winner a £50 Amazon voucher and the chance to have their design featured on a t-shirt.
Law firm Shakespeare Martineau is the sponsor of the medals and Andrew Smith, head of the firm’s Stratford office, will be one of the competition judges. Entrants are asked to consider designs that best represent the marathon and the town of Stratford upon Avon. TOP TIP: Having judged many of the previous years’ entries, Andrew says that designs that are bold and clear to see always stand out the best!
- Competition deadline is 22nd October 2021.
- Medal must represent the marathon, Shakespeare, or the town of Stratford-upon-Avon.
- The design can be round or square but the content must be visible within a 50mm by 50mm design.
- Only five colours can be used.
- Medal must include the Rotary logo and the words “Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon 2022”.
- Entries can be computer generated or hand drawn.
- Winning design/colours may be altered to ensure visibility of detail.
- All entries to be sent to the Herald. Email Andy Veale or post to Guild House, Guild Street, Stratford, CV37 6RP.
- Winner will receive a £50 Amazon voucher, certificate and a T-shirt with medal design. Runners-up will receive a certificate.