Stratford Rotary’s Shakespeare Marathon and Half Marathon, now in its 39th year, is taking place on 24th April 2022. It has an excellent reputation both locally and nationally and many loyal runners enter year after year. It is well-known within the running community for its superb marshalling and outstanding safety record and has been awarded the BARR Gold standard, reflecting the high standards achieved in every aspect of its organisation.
Around 3,500 runners take part in both the marathon or the half marathon every year. Last year we saw the launch of fresh branding and a new website and entry to the races was as popular as ever. We have a very active social media strategy and are achieving great engagement and positive feedback about the races.
We continue to seeking the involvement of Stratford businesses as we evolve the 2022 event into greater community participation, and are pleased to announce that there are a number of sponsorship opportunities available. These offer local companies a chance to be associated with a high profile event with a far reaching audience. We are happy to discuss any ideas you might have to get involved in the event as a sponsor.
Examples of sponsorship opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Company branded water stations.
- Company branded banners displayed at key points in the town centre and at the finish line.
- Company representative(s) based at water station(s) (in company branded tee shirt) helping our volunteers to hand out water to the runners.
- Company logo displayed on our website with company advert and link to your website on our Sponsors Page.
- Mentions across our social media channels – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – on a time and date of your choice.
- Mentions in our press releases prior to and following the event.
We would welcome your support and would be pleased to speak to you more about these opportunities and any other ideas you might have. Any company interested should contact the Race Director at: email@example.com for more information.